1. DO NOT Uninstall Plexis POS from your computer.
If your software is more than one year old you may be required to purchase
a New or Upgrade License. Contact us first if you are unsure of your license
2. Archive your invoices. If you keep a maximum of 13 months of detailed data
or even better 3 months or less the update will process quickly. If you
do not archive the update to take many hours up to several days to complete
depending on how many invoices are active and the performance of your computer.
The Archive utility is found in the A/R module under the Invoices Tab.
3. Exit Plexis POS completely out to Windows. If you are running a Network Version
of Plexis POS shut down the Plexis POS Network License Server and ALL Terminals
using Plexis POS.
4. If you are running the Plexis Caller ID Server, Price Checker or any other
application accessing the Plexis POS databases shut all of those down completely.
5. Download the latest Plexis POS Program Installer.
Click HERE for the Latest Version Download.
6. Install the CURRENT version of Plexis POS by executing the installer file that was just downloaded
into the DEFAULT folder the installer provides.
After installation DO NOT START PLEXIS POS at this time!
7. Browse to your older existing Plexis POS version folder.
(i.e. c:\Program Files\POS 29) then COPY (do not cut!) 6 files
USERS.DBF, USERS.MDX, USERPREF.DBF, USERPREF.MDX, CLIENT.DBF, CLIENT.MDX and Paste those 6 files
into the root of the CURRENT version (i.e. C:\Program Files\POS 30)
8. COPY (do not cut!) the entire company folder that contains your LIVE data.
(i.e. C:\Program Files\POS 29\MyCompany) then PASTE that entire live data
folder to the root of the CURRENT version. (i.e. C:\Program Files\POS 30) onto the hard drive that
was just updated. Repeat this step for each company folder if you have multiple companies.
9. Start Plexis POS a file rebuild will occur and then the program will exit. There may have been many
changes to the setup tabs and you will need to visit each and every setup tab to verify configuration
of your system.