1. DO NOT Uninstall Plexis POS from your old computer.
If your software is more than one year old you may be required to purchase
an upgrade license. Failure to comply with this step may require you to
purchase a new license at full retail. Contact us first if you are unsure
of your license status.
2. Archive your invoices. If you keep a maximum of 13 months of detailed data
or even better 3 months or less the update will process quickly. If you
do not archive the update to take many hours up to several days to complete
depending on how many invoices are active. The Archive utility is found in
the A/R module under the Invoices Tab.
3. Download the latest Plexis POS Program Installer.
Click HERE for the Latest Version Download
4. Exit Plexis POS completely out to Windows.
5. If you are running a Network Version of Plexis POS shut down the BT License Server and
ALL Terminals using Plexis POS.
6. If you are running a PcCharge shut down PcCharge completely.
7. If running the Plexis Caller ID Server, Price Checker or any other application
accessing the Plexis POS databases shut all
of those down completely.
8. Install the CURRENT version of Plexis POS by executing the installer file that was just downloaded
into the DEFAULT folder the installer provides. * DO NOT START PLEXIS POS
at this time!
9. Browse to your older existing Plexis POS version folder.
(i.e. c:\Plexis POS 28)
10. COPY (do not not cut!) 6 files USERS.DBF, USERS.MDX, USERPREF.DBF, USERPREF.MDX,
CLIENT.DBF, CLIENT.MDX from the root of the Plexis POS 2.8 folder. Paste those 6
files into the root of the CURRENT version. (i.e. C:\Program Files\POS 29)
11. COPY (do not not cut!) the entire company folder that contains your LIVE data.
(i.e. c:\Plexis POS 28\MyCompany)
12. PASTE that entire live data folder to the root of the CURRENT version. (i.e. C:\Program Files\POS 29\)
onto the hard drive that was just updated. Repeat steps 10, 11 and 12 for each company folder if you
have multiple companies.
13. PRIOR to starting Plexis POS, from EACH folder you copied delete all of the following files:
menus.dbf, menus.mdx, tpanel3.dbf, tpanel3.mdx, tpcat.dbf, tpcat.mdx, salesid.dbf, salesid.mdx,
empsec.dbf, empsec.mdx. If you miss any of the files the upgrade will fail.
14. Start Plexis POS a file rebuild will occur and then the program will exit.
15. There may have been many changes to the setup tabs and you will need to visit each
and every setup tab to configure your system.
* You will need to Re-Assign Inventory Touch Screen Buttons and Add Employees / Sales Staff.