DISCOUNT COUPON BUTTON SETUP
The Plexis POS system is designed to tightly control coupon validations.
If you are less concerned about coupon validation follow these example instructions:
1. Create an inventory item, call it "COUPON $1.00 OFF".
2. Under Product Type Choose COUPON.
3. Set the Selling price to a Negative Amount (for example: -1.00).
4. Set the TAX Status if you want to discount the tax or leave the tax untouched.
5. Set the Add On / Modifier if you want to attach the coupon to a specific item or leave it floating.
6. Create as many buttons as you like with negative coupon amounts.
When the receipt is printed the customer will see the coupon discounts on the receipt.
During a coupon redemption simply choose the button with the desired coupon amount.
Sales of any item can now be mixed with Coupon Redemptions.
Leaving the description blank when creating an inventory item will prompt you to enter a description at the Sales Screen when choosing this button.
Limitations and Warnings:
Use of these techniques are to be considered as un-supported by Plexis Software.
Use of these techniques is your choice and is at your own risk.
These techniques may work for you but be aware that:
There may be no security, validation or restrictions on this functionality.
You may loose some functionality and reporting that we have specifically designed to prevent mistakes, fraud and theft.
Other limitations and security issues may be compromised both known and unknown.